Responsibility: Set-up and operate a die casting machine.
Reports To: Di-cast Supervisor
- Lifts specified die sections into the machine.
- Bolts die section in position and adjusts stroke of ram.
- Connects water hose to the cooling system of the die.
- Preheats die sections with a torch or electric heater.
- Turns valves and sets dial to regulate flow of water circulating through and to control speed of machines, based on size and structure of part being cast and type and temperature.
- Blows metal fragments from die surfaces and brushes lubricant into the die cavity and onto plunger.
- Hand ladles of molten into the chamber of the machine when operating the cold-chamber machine.
- Pushes button to close and lick dies and activate plunger that forces molten metal into die cavities.
- Removes casting after dies open automatically.
- Inspects casting for defects
Requirements: One year minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience