Responsibility: Operate a trim press for removing die casting gates and runners and visually inspect castings.
Reports To: Trim Press Lead
- Set trim die in the machine and secure and/or align as required.
- Perform required trim press operations.
- Operate trim press according to standard operating procedures and safe operating standards.
- Visually check the quality of parts produced.
- Make minor adjustments to equipment to insure quality and maintain set-up.
- Visually check work at specified intervals.
- Keep die free of flash and trimmed metal.
- Oil die and equipment to maintain quality.
- Discard obvious scrap.
- May also be required to hand grind, file or buff die castings; position die castings for secondary operations; pack.
Requirements: Ability to read and understand English